Something special about our guest is that she has been working remotely since 2008, back when it was uncool. She’s one of the early employees at Zoho and has been with them for over 13 years. She has worked and managed different functions like marketing and product management.
In our conversation with Meera Sapra, we try to understand the different challenges she faced while working remotely and how she tackled them.
- The most beautiful thing about working remotely is that you can completely focus on work. You don’t need to worry about login times or go through the exhaustion of commute. This is very liberating.
- Our work and life are so integrated that it’s difficult to set boundaries. Hence, you need to integrate both is such a way that makes feel happy.
- Turning off distractions like phone notifications is key for focused work.
- The success of remote working completely depends on the company culture. Managers need to trust their employees and avoid micromanaging.
- Asynchronous first communication is incredibly important to provide employees with enough free time throughout the day.
If you’re looking to becoming better at remote working or looking to promote a remote culture at your organization you cannot miss listening to Meera Sapra.