In this episode, we speak to Smriti Chopra, ex-Product Marketer at Zapier.
Previously, she has led product and partner marketing teams at companies like Wingify and Hubspot. Currently, she’s the Product Marketing lead at Shopify.
- The role of product marketing team depends on how a organisation is structured and where they see the maximum potential for growth.
- The focus of the product marketing team changes according to the stage of the company.
- Product marketing’s role is to align the impact of different functions like sales and customer success with company goals.
- A product marketing team is most successful when they share common goals with different teams in the organisation.
- Smriti suggests that a company’s first product marketer should be a generalist and have a good understanding of how a business functions.
If you’re a product marketer, you cannot miss listening to Smriti Chopra.